Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Like a rich fat kid in a candy store.

That was how I felt like monday.

My tea pot project has a cyberpunk design. I needed an old computer for parts to decorate it.
I asked around, and Sandy have some old computer in a barn. She delivered it to the school monday.

She said the old Mac Power computer still works. So I wanted to turn it on to see how the OS work. But there was no power cord. So I started to take it apart. I was so happy to see the inside of an old computer. It used to belong to BGSU around 1994 or later.

But I felt sort of bad. Because I sort of euthanized the computer. I tore it apart piece by piece. I got to the hard drive and I resisted a little, because it is like the soul of the computer. I continued my disassembling of the hard drive, but this was a challenge. The screw on the hard drive was so hard to unscrew. I unscrew three out of six. Leonard help me with the other two. But the last one was stuck.

I took every thing apart. Next I will have to take apart the keyboard and the mouse. Sandy also gave me a monitor, but I doubt I'll have any use of that. How will I dispose of it?

No comments: