Sunday, January 6, 2008

Best place to be other then Japan.....

....is Hong Kong for people who love anime.

Many Otaku, anime, and manga blogs that I've read say that Hong Kong is the best place for anime lover beside Japan.

Since I come from that awesome city, I am proud of that. I grew up there and I can agree, but am amazed but not very surprised at what those Otaku said. We were the first to import anime from Japan. Mong Kok (旺角) is sort of like the Hong Kong equivalent to Akihabara (秋葉原 ["Field of Autumn Leaves"]) in Japan.

Just like Japan, there are shopping center that are dedicated to anime merchandise. Anime are very common on TV. Most people prefer anime than American animation. Gundam is extremely popular. Cosplay and Lolita is getting common. Maid cafe are also becoming popular. There are even Dōjinshi fest and many Dōjinshi circles.

I really miss that place. Half more year to go befor summer so I can visit Hong Kong again!

No comments: