Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So easy a caveman can do it!

Last Friday was the Feats of Clay.

Woke up at 5:50 am. Arrived at the school at 6:35. We packed our wheels and other equipments onto the bus. We actually got a tag-along, who wasn't on the team.

Our theme is "we invented the wheel." We all dressed as cave people. Leopard spots pants and messed up hair styles. We also have dirt makeups and the guys got 'mono'brow.

The bus ride was fun. Every did their makeups on it. Layan made up us a theme song.

I forgot what time we arrived at Columbus. The events were at the art museum/institute parking lot. The temperature was initially a bit cool, but after we starts and in the tent of crowed people, it became mild and comfortable.

The Cylinder Stacking was first, then the Mug Relay, after that is No Hands, last but not least, the Coil to The Sky.

The mug team made 80 some mugs. In general, we won sixth, but we won, with our caveman costumes, the first place in the T-shirt contest.

After that we say around a gallery and enjoy the beautiful artworks. They all look wonderful!

We ate lunch at The North Market. People were staring at us as we walked around looking for stuff to eat. There was many variety of foods there, from New York to Japanese, Italian to Mexican. I bought a nice freshly made New York style sub, named 'The Wise Guy', at a deli. It had ham, beef, cheese, tomato, and other goodness. There was also a few fresh fish, vegetable, fruit, and flower shops. There was on chocolate shop that the other kids said was really good, each small piece of chocolate cost $1.75. I would have bought one, but it was just too expensive.

I was so tired but I still had Relay for Life to do. We arrived back home around 6pm. I hurry home I ate the sub that I couldn't finished at the North Market. I also uploaded all my photos to my hard drive. I took 1GB worth of pictures, about 300 pics. It took 20 min.

Feats of Clay was fun, I may ponder upon if I shall participate in this event.

No comments: